I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting sick and tired of the constant bickering and childish insults between Frank, Mick and Bryan and the rest of us.
Granted, Randy and Blue7 have only managed to fan the fire lately, but it's getting to the point where enough is enough.
My recommendation is that with no threats, annoucement, or other fan fare, we all just stop posting to the Seattle Times site as of a particular date. We could read whatever is on there, but once we decide to boycott it we must all refrain from posting.
I would also recommend that we all move over to the same alternate site, such as the PI forum, Seahawks.NET or 12 Seahawks Street, so we can carry on our conversations and existing on-line relationships.
My hope is that if we can get the core group of Seahawk Entusiasts to join this boycott, such as Randy, GOX, Rev, Blue7, Mary, Monkey, Max, etc., we'll kill the fire by removing all oxygen from the source. In other words, without us around, hopefully Mike and Frank and Bryan will get bored and find another site to infect.
After that, we can return to the site and hopefully to a civil level of polite disagreement.
This will only work if we're all on board, and if we all are stallworth in our agreement not to post, no matter what might be said in our absence.
Please use the comment section below to let us know if you're up for this Boycott, or if you have any other comments or suggestions about it. Click Other and use your screen name, or make sure you sign your post if you use the Anonymous option.
9 comments:
Alba, if we boycott they may just shut it down.
I know you said do it in silence but I have to think that they are smarter than that when they see that Frank, Mick and Bryan are the only ones posting if this thing is successful.
If they shut it down, we all lose. I for one don't care for the PI site and this one is pretty un-familiar to me as I have registered and it doesn't recognize my account and posts can only be made anonymously.
Bryan and Frank aren't so bad and even Mick is coming around. the only one they really blast lately is Randy. They do it because he isn't quelling the issue by not responding to them, especialy Mick, at all and he keeps stirring the pot.
Sorry Randy, but that will stop it and you just haven't given them sufficient time to get off it because you hold out for a day or two and fall back into their trap.
Max
Max, that's a valid point but I don't see them shutting it down.
They're not moderating that site at all, and the only time they threatened to shut it down is when the level of bickering caused them to get involved.
In other words, they got pissed that they had to step in at all, so I don't think they'd really notice if the level of conversation dropped to near zero.
Also, that's just one of many boards that are run on that nwnewssource site, including the PI forum, so I don't think it'll get much notice.
Lastly, they WANT to keep that site up so that they can link to it from their sports articles, regardless of what kind of conversation is going on.
I've told Randy the same thing many times in many different ways, so I'm happy to see someone else voice that opinion.
I'm not blaming the situation on him, but he certainly fuels the fire when things start sparking.
One more thing Max, if you want to be a contributor on this site, just email BlueFoot at the address in his profile.
The Moderators name is Bob Payne, Alba. He does moderate a bit more than you think. He doesn't get personaly involved in the forums like I did when I was an admin.
I know how frustrating it can be to try and solve problems when people wont listen.
That being said, Randy is at fault too. granted, they started bashing him first because of his, seeminly, blind support, rose colored kool-aid that he dispenses and personally I don't know what their problem is with it as it doesn't bother me in the least.
But Randy also has to take accountability for what is transpiring because he swings as much and instigates it as well.
We have talked many times by e-mail and I have had probably the same discussions as you have had with him and Randy is just not getting it when it comes to solving the issue.
Sorry Randy, thats just the way I see it.
Personaly I think Bob is just itching for a reason to shut it down if this type of thing continues. he has bosses over him that likely question why he can't control his posters. The brass frowns on Vulgarity on a public site and left un-checked can lead to ramifications for the times.
Thanks Max. If you have his address, can you email Bob and tell him to take down 2 of the 3 moderator topics that appear at the top of the forum?
Also, my email address is in my profile so if you ever want to drop me a line, now you know how!
Yeah I have yor addy. I thought you had mine until the mail I got today. Bigun910@aol.
I'll bug Bob about it, I do have his addy.
At the very least, how bout some props for the graphic I found for this piece??!!
Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap.
I did like that one, it was directed perfectly.
I figured from the start that it would be near impossible to pull off, so I'm fine with scrapping the plans and letting the border wars continue on small scales.
I just find it very hard to get into any topic over there anymore, since they seem to deteriorate so quickly.
Post a Comment