It's week one, and online interest in the Seahawks is going to spike. We are entering a threshold that is going to define 12 Seahawks Street. Are we a chat forum? Are we a news repeater? Will we be an opinion tagboard? Or will we provide meaningful content?
My guess is that we will be a mixture of all of those things. But in order to 'kick it up a knotch' I would like to provide a little organization to those of you who would like to put in a little extra, put your football knowledge and internet savvy to work, and have a little fun in the process.
Perhaps some of you would be willing to 'sign up', so to speak, for the following weekly features to be included as a preview to each game:
Leading up to the game:
- Matchup: Seahawks offense vs. opponent's defense (Position by position, including injury updates and coaching/scheme)
- Matchup: Seahawks defense vs. opponent's offense (Again, position by position, including injury updates and coaching/scheme)
- Gameday Topic - We're already doing this - includes links to the above, plus any other pertinent external links and Gameday Chat
Post game:
- Basic immediate reaction thread - we kind of to this already, it's a free for all post-game topic.
- Post game 'report card'. You've seen it before in other publications, where position by position, including coaching, is rated and is published each week. Put your own spin on it and have fun.
- Injury Report
- Contributor's awards (I love these!)
And, as always, we have TWM and TWI.
Anyway, this is all in the experimantal stage, but there is no reason we can't, as a collective, turn this into a sort of weekly magazine. I, for one, would love to read what any over you guys write. I always do. With a little organization, we can hit all the topics and make this place a lot slicker that in already is. Once we get the routine down, we'll start advertising again. Then Blogger will nee to upgrade their servers again, and .NET will have to lower their subscripton prices!
Please sign up below, before all the jobs are gone! (BTW, we are signing up for these on a week-by-week basis, unless you get really good at one of the jobs. What I'm saying is, don't feel like you are signing up for them for any duration, just for this week. It's hard to keep up this hobby EVERY week.)
Have fun, and
GO SEAHAWKS!!!
3 comments:
I'll set up the Gameday thread, with links galore. I also will have the post game BFD award.
I was planning on doing a pregame analysis anyway. So I guess you can sign me up for that. Last season on the old P.I. site I used to always come on before games and try to analize what I thought it would take for us to win, keys to game, matchups to exploit or to be aware of etc...so I suppose I will do something like that again this season if everyone is ammenable to it.
Love the new additions folks, I've been out of it for a while, life has just been crazy, but I think the Hawks have looked good, I love that Urban made the team. Blue, I'd love to sign up for something, but at this point, I just am not sure that I'll be able to commit.
I do have one large suggestion though. I love everything the site does, I love all the news, opinions, etc, but I think we need to keep a few things off the blog that have creeped in. Profanity, personal attacks against players, and non football related discussions. I'd like to think that we are a growing source of news and information, and if we would like to be taken seriously, these things really have no place on our board. Just a suggestion.
GO HAWKS!
Post a Comment